How To Use Minelab XChange 2 for EDITING - Illustrated Tutorial, page 15
5. DOWNLOAD EDITED USER MODE to Your CTX-3030 Metal Detector
After you save your modified User Mode, the XChange 2 front page will open up with a confirmation message "Saved Successfully", and the Summary (a rectangle) of your modified User Mode with a new name (if you changed it) and description will appear in the Item List (if necessary, scroll down the list to find the item).
1) Move the cursor onto the Summary of your edited "Coins Level-1A" User Mode. The default cursor will change to a hand cursor , and the summary will be red-outlined.
Your CTX 3030 is still plugged into your computer's USB socket and running. To transfer the "Coins Level-1A" from the 'SAMPLES' Collection into your CTX-3030 metal detector by using "Drag & Drop" operation,
2) click on the "Coins Level-1A" summary (it will be highlighted in blue color) and hold down the mouse button to "grab" the summary, then drag it up to the "Detector Collection" icon/button marked "CTX-3030", as shown below, and "drop" the item in the CTX-3030 box by releasing the button.
A small confirmation window ""Copied One Mode" will appear for a second, and your edited User Mode is now in your CTX 3030 metal detector. You can check if it is there by clicking on the "Detector Collection" button and looking the transferred User Mode up in the CTX-3030 Item List. Although the User Mode is in there, its modified settings have not been applied yet.
NOTE: both edited and new User Modes are only "accepted" by the detector when the USB is removed - the CTX-3030 checks for changes in the database and applies them. If you turn off the detector instead of unplugging the USB, these changes will not be applied correctly.
DO NOT TURN YOUR DETECTOR OFF at this point!
3) Click on the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon:
• in Windows XP - , located in the notification area at the far right of the Windows task bar on your computer screen. If you do not see this icon on the task bar, click on the "Show Hidden Icons" button or to display all icons in the notification area.
• in Windows 7 - , located in the notification area at the far right of the Windows task bar on your computer screen. If you do not see this icon on the task bar, click on the "Show Hidden Icons" button to display all icons in the notification area.
4) find the "Minelab CTX 3030 USB Storage Device" title, click on it, and wait until you see a pop-up message "Safe To Remove Hardware".
5) Unplug the USB cable from the back of your CTX 3030 metal detector, and a confirmation message appears on your CTX-3030 screen: "USB REMOVED. Updating. Please wait...". While you are waiting, the CTX will be automatically applying all setting modifications to the existing User Mode, or add a new User Mode to the database. Updating will take a little while, but you should just wait without doing anything.
Once you hear the threshold starting to hum, and the Detect screen comes up, the updating is complete.
6) Unplug the USB cable from your computer, and turn your CTX 3030 off or, better - go metal detecting and have fun!
NOTE: All the above-described procedural steps may seem "too much" to you, but in reality, after completing the editing and uploading/downloading steps a few times, you will sure find them simple. The XChange 2 application is user-friendly indeed.
If you would like to recommend this XChange 2 Tutorial to other Minelab CTX 3030 users, please click the button: