In my first years of pursuing the hobby I went through a few different brands of headphones for metal detecting, they all did not last long, until I discovered Koss headphones. Their excellent sound quality, durability, and life-time warranty made me forget other brands for a long while. Since 1996, I have used only three pairs of Koss headphones, each "exhausted" pair was replaced by the manufacturer at no cost, no questions asked.
When I got my Explorer II, I was pleasantly surprised to find a collapsible Koss headphones along with my new machine in a box. Finally the Minelab gave up issuing the poorly designed set, which would last only a month of excessive detecting, in favor of a high quality and timeless brand.
Koss Headphones UR-30
Collapsible Headphones Easily Fit Into A Cargo Pocket
KOSS UR-30 SPECIFICATIONS:
- Frequency Response: 18-20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Weight: 12 oz.
- Sensitivity: 101 dBSPL/1mW
- Distortion: <0.2%
- High Fidelity Stereophone utilizes an anisotropic magnet and 1.4 mil mylar element for deep bass and tremble clarity
- Closed, leatherette ear cushion creates a seal around the ear for outstanding bass performance and isolation
- Built for maximum durability
- Collapsible design allows for maximum portability, easy storage, and protection
- Straight, single entry 8 foot cord for home and portable use
- Includes 1/8" and 1/4" stereo plugs for home and portable use
- Life-Time Warranty
Quality of the Koss UR-30 headphones's build changed for the worse when these headphones became the Minelab E-Trac's stock headphones: I had to replace two pairs within three months due to fast wear and tear of the wire insulation at the plug and eventual wire breakage... (CONTINUED on Next Page...)