All-Purpose Land Metal Detector
Retail Price: $549.95
Number of Reviews: 2
Avg. Rating (3.5 Stars)
Email to a friend.
- The X-TERRA 505 is the high performance, mid-range detector. The perfect all rounder: equally at home on land or at the beach, the X-TERRA 505 now has full frequency capability and can adapt easily to coin and treasure and relic hunting.
- Minelab's "True Digital" VFLEX technology single frequency detector - you can change the operating frequency simply by changing coils.
- Compatible with low frequency (LF) 3kHz waterproof coils as well as medium 7kHz and high frequencies 18.75kHz.
The LF coil option is ideal for hunting large, deep targets. All seven X-TERRA Coils can now be used on the X-TERRA 505.
- Increased Ground Balance capability, range now (0-50), allowing the user to adjust to ground mineralization.
- Extra detecting pattern - Now features 3 preset detecting patterns, that can also be customised, plus All Metal mode.
- Choice of 1,2,3 or 4 Tone ID plus Multi-tone Target ID (19) response options increasing your flexibility in deciding how target signals are represented.
- Larger discrimination range allowing for finer discrimination of high conductive targets.
- Increased Noise Cancel range, now 5 manual settings, allowing greater choice of detecting channel.
- Increased Target Volume Adjust range, now (0-30), allowing better target response.
- Threshold adjustment, with a range of -5 to 25, allowing the user to set threshold to level where slight variations from either very small shallow, or very large deep, targets can be noticed.
- Fast recovery Pin-Point with variable tone and graphical indicator
- Depth indicator - updates continuously, even in Pinpoint mode.
- Positive reflective LCD display
- Batteries: 4 x AA batteries
- Weight: 2.8 lbs (1.3kgs)
Nice for the price
Fishguy in pittsburgh, PA USA -
I love this detector, a little intimidating for the novice user and won't get very deep unless you set it up correctly. Just turning it on and trying to detect, you may get 2-4 inches but, after having learned about all the settings, I nailed small targets at 10 inches plus. You get a lot of detector for a little money here made by one of the best in the business. Read the manual, then read it a few more times, then get ready to dig.
Dec 30, 2013
3 people found Fishguy's review helpful.
Kevin Strahan in Natchez,ms -
This machine was a good one for me, the VDI's are accurate, and the machine is light but it felt cheap. And it is not deep, and I couldn't get it to pinpoint.
Apr 17, 2013
4 people found Kevin Strahan's review helpful.