All-Purpose Land Metal Detector
Retail Price: $398.95
Number of Reviews: 2
Avg. Rating (3.0 Stars)
Email to a friend.
- When value for money really matters, then the X-TERRA 305 is best in class!The X-TERRA 305 is a high performance entry-level detector suitable for the whole family and there is even a short shaft available for keen youngsters.
- Minelab's "True Digital" VFLEX technology single frequency detector - you can change the operating frequency simply by changing coils.
- Search Coils: Compatible with Medium Frequency (7kHz) and High Frequency (18.75kHz) waterproof coils - 6 accessory coil options offer increased versatility.
- Accurate Ground Balance capability with manual adjustment of 0-20, allows the user to adjust to ground mineralization easily.
- 2 preset patterns, that can also be customised, plus All-Metal mode.
- Choice of 1,2 or 3 tone ID plus multi-tone Target ID (12) response. This allows greater flexibility in deciding how target signals are represented.
- Threshold adjustment, with a range of -5 to 25 allowing the user to set threshold to levels where slight variations from either very small shallow, or very large deep, targets can be noticed.
- Noise Cancel function with 3 manual settings allowing the user to pick the quietest channel for detecting.
- Rapid recovery Pin-Point with variable tone and graphical indicator
- Target Volume adjust (0-10) allowing you to get more definitive audio information on each target.
- Depth indicator, updates continuously, even in Pinpoint mode.
- Positive reflective LCD display
- Batteries: 4 x AA batteries
- Weight: 2.8 lbs. (1.3kgs)
Dave Catmull in Salt Lake City, Utah -
I have owned this Minelab 305 for more than year. I love this machine. I have found many coins and jewelery with this detector. I used this on some beaches and it does super well unless there is a ton of black sand, then it tends to throw false signals. The settings are easy to use.I have owned Ace 250, 350, Teknetics, and bounty Hunter machines. Hands down this is my favorite machine. Excellent for beginners.
Dec 09, 2014
1 people found Dave Catmull's review helpful.
It Only Finds Junk
Rick W. in Sherwood,Arkansas. USA -
I got my 305 about a week ago. I was using my mom's Whites detector and I found coins with hers, but this new minelab 305 I have found only ONE penny. I have found so much junk! Even with the LCD screen showing what should be coins is junk. When I put a coke cap and a quarter on the ground about two inches apart, the Minelab 305 couldn't tell me what it was. I don't know if I got a defected detector (just my luck) or what? And the manual does not explain anything in detail. It just shows some pictures and few words. Wish I had one that worked good because I like to metal detect.
Feb 25, 2012
15 people found Rick W.'s review helpful.