Gold Hunting/All-Purpose Land Metal Detector
Retail Price: $698.95
Number of Reviews: 3
Avg. Rating (2.7 Stars)
Email to a friend.
- Minelab's "True Digital" VFLEX single frequency detector allowing you to change the frequency simply by changing coils.
- Search Coil: Standard 18.75kHz Double-D elliptical coil provides effective depth and ground coverage, plus the coil's high frequency is extremely sensitive and perfectly suited for finding small pieces of gold.
- Compatible with low, mid and high frequency waterproof coils - all 7 X-TERRA accessory coils can be used with the X-TERRA 705.
- Automatic/Manual Ground Balancing, Tracking and now with Tracking Ground Balance Offset adjustment. This creates a performance advantage in certain areas such as wet/dry sand transition and hot rock locations, by setting the balance slightly positive or negative.
- True automatic Ground Balance eliminates false ground noises so you can hear elusive small gold signals.
- Four preset detecting patterns that can also be customised plus All-Metal mode.
- Adjustable Iron Mask designed for Prospecting Mode. This feature allows you to find desirable targets lying close to ferrous metals.
- Effective noise cancel reduces interference.
- Threshold tone for more accurate target ID interpretation.
- Two Pinpoint Modes: Auto and Sizing. With the new Sizing feature, the user gets valuable information on target characteristics including shape and size with variable tone and graphical indicator.
- Target ID stability - precise, solid responsiveness in high-trash areas enabling you to efficiently and effectively search sites with a high concentration of junk.
- Positive transflective LCD display providing a back light only in dim light conditions enabling better screen visibility in poor lighting whilst saving battery charge in well lit conditions.
- Depth indicators, update continuously, even in Pinpoint mode
- Batteries: 4 x AA batteries.
- Weight: 2.8 lbs (only 1.3kgs)
- Also a great coin detector with highly accurate discrimination and numeric target identification.
General Purpose Machine
Guest in CA -
I got one of these and found it too confusing to use. All the tones and VID numbers just told me not to dig and I just couldn't trust it. It did detect well and hit small targets fairly deep. I would go over the same areas with another detector and rarely would I find anything that the XT missed. I sold it mostly because I didn't like the Prospecting mode. The iron reject function didn't work well. I would end up digging up all the iron and only then would the XT reject it. It would probably do better if it had an iron ID function instead.
Aug 18, 2012
4 people found Guest's review helpful.
705 Verses White's QXT
TNT in California -
My White's QXT, which is over 15 years old, outperforms the 705 hands down. Get rid of this "boat anchor" and get either a QXT by Whites or a Minelab SE Pro.
Oct 24, 2011
5 people found TNT's review helpful.
Minelab 705 is a Capable Machine
Rambo in Arizona/California (desert/beach) -
Good all around detector, finds coins and jewelry in surf and in parks. Good discrimination. Some learning curve. Lightweight. Good for getting into the hobby without going broke but still want a capable machine...
Jul 07, 2011
31 people found Rambo's review helpful.