All-Purpose Land Metal Detector
Retail Price: $1,495.00
Number of Reviews: 2
Avg. Rating (5.0 Stars)
Email to a friend.
Improvements in Performance:
- "Butterfly" search coil re-designed to pickup the smaller targets better and Deeper
- Search coil provides better Separation of Targets over the previous coils.
- Detector's sensitivity can be operated at a higher level with less noise and interference.
- Faster and more powerful microprocessor with lower power consumption makes the Explorer SE Professional more responsive. Spend more time detecting; less time programming and recharging.
- Menu structure gives easier access to key functions and makes Explorer SE Professional programming a breeze.
- Fast learning curve; intuitive, easy-to-learn interface.
- Audio modulated pinpoint mode makes target size and depth identification more reliable. Save valuable time recovering targets.
- Simplified Iron Mask coordinates 0-31 with full ferrous discrimination capability. Easy correlation of Iron Mask settings with digital readout values; more user friendly function; simplifies use of Iron Mask.
- Audio tone settings with new "Pitch Hold" mode for picking up even the faintest of target signals. Improved recovery rate for the smallest or deepest targets.
- Quickstart settings make the learning curve on the Explorer SE Professional a more rewarding one.
- New finer threshold and volume adjust controls. Fine tune "Threshold" and "Volume" to perfectly match operating conditions. More accurate and comfortable settings.
- Improved threshold stability in noisy/trashy environment. Less false signals; cover more ground faster.
- Larger target coordinates in digital screen and improved menu fonts. Easy to read user interface.
- Improved weight and balance with new lightweight waterproof coil; comfortably detect for longer periods of time without fatigue.
- Minelab Warranty: 2 year
- Transmission Technology: Full Band Spectrum (FBS) 28 Simultaneous Frequencies ranging from 1.5kHz - 100 kHz
- Software: 3rd Generation Software - improved user interface
- Ground Balance Modes: Auto Ground Compensation - Advanced Digital Filtering
- Target Identification: 2 Dimensional Smartfind Size/Conductivity and Ferrous characteristics
- Audio Tone Identification: Constant to Multi-tone; customizable Conductivity/Ferrous
- Audio Tone Settings: 3 Settings: Long, Smooth, Pitch Hold
- Discrimination: 2 Dimensional Smartfind Discrimination
- Iron Mask: Simplified Iron Mask coordinates 0-31 with full ferrous discrimination capability
- Depth Indicator: Yes; now also updates in pinpoint mode
- Sensitivity Adjustment: 2 Settings: Semi-Automatic and Manual 1-32
- Noise Cancel: Automatic and Manual
- Pinpoint: Non-motion modulated audio for improved target size and depth identification
- Low Battery Audio Alarm: Yes
- Batteries: 1600 mAh NiMH or Alkaline batteries
- Coil: Lightweight 10.5" Double D (DD) waterproof coil
- Visual Display: 64x128 pixel LCD panel with improved graphics
- Headphone Input: 0.25 inch Stereo Jack
- Threshold: Finer adjust level; improved stability in high-trash
- Recovery Speed: Selectable (Fast and Deep)
- Optional Accessories:
Coils: 8" FBS Coil with Lower Shaft
Battery: 1800mA/H NiMH Battery Pack; 'AA' Housing Battery Pack
Charger: 12V Car Charger
Minelab 2nd Edition Pro.
Andy White in lancs.U.K. -
Having been a detecorist for many years, and have had lot of different machines, I now use my SE Pro with the greatest of confidence. Yes, there's quite a learning curve involved to master the Pro, but, generally speaking, it does its job easily. I am not going to make any great claims as to what I have found, needless to say that if you are in the right place, at the right time, then this is the right detector! Good luck!
Jan 04, 2012
5 people found Andy White's review helpful.
Great Metal Detector.
Jesse Depew in Cape Canaveral Fl USA -
This detector takes a little practice to get used to the sounds but you can find an emulator online for it. After having this for 4 months and only getting in about 24 hours per month, I have cleaned out a 2-mile stretch of beach from my house. I am finding dimes and pennies 15 to 19 inches down in wet or dry sand. Living near Kennedy space center I find rocket parts down to 2.5 feet. The only thing I don't like is the headphones. With a pair of Greyghost headphones, I can tell how deep the object is buried without looking at the display. I would recommend Minelab detectors to anyone wanting to upgrade from a starter detector to a serious machine. Just be ready to dig deep.
Dec 07, 2011
8 people found Jesse Depew's review helpful.