Explorer SE PRO Reviews, Price and Specifications
All-Purpose Land Metal Detector
Retail Price: $1,495.00
Number of Reviews: 2
Avg. Rating (5.0 Stars)
Email this page to a friend.
Improvements in Performance:• "Butterfly" search coil re-designed to pickup the smaller targets better and Deeper
• Search coil provides better Separation of Targets over the previous coils.
• Detector's sensitivity can be operated at a higher level with less noise and interference.
• Faster and more powerful microprocessor with lower power consumption makes the Explorer SE Professional more responsive. Spend more time detecting; less time programming and recharging.
• Menu structure gives easier access to key functions and makes Explorer SE Professional programming a breeze.
• Fast learning curve; intuitive, easy-to-learn interface.
• Audio modulated pinpoint mode makes target size and depth identification more reliable. Save valuable time recovering targets.
• Simplified Iron Mask coordinates 0-31 with full ferrous discrimination capability. Easy correlation of Iron Mask settings with digital readout values; more user friendly function; simplifies use of Iron Mask.
• Audio tone settings with new "Pitch Hold" mode for picking up even the faintest of target signals. Improved recovery rate for the smallest or deepest targets.
• Quickstart settings make the learning curve on the Explorer SE Professional a more rewarding one.
• New finer threshold and volume adjust controls. Fine tune "Threshold" and "Volume" to perfectly match operating conditions. More accurate and comfortable settings.
• Improved threshold stability in noisy/trashy environment. Less false signals; cover more ground faster.
• Larger target coordinates in digital screen and improved menu fonts. Easy to read user interface.
• Improved weight and balance with new lightweight waterproof coil; comfortably detect for longer periods of time without fatigue.
Specifications:• Minelab Warranty: 2 year
• Transmission Technology: Full Band Spectrum (FBS) 28 Simultaneous Frequencies ranging from 1.5kHz - 100 kHz
• Software: 3rd Generation Software - improved user interface
• Ground Balance Modes: Auto Ground Compensation - Advanced Digital Filtering
• Target Identification: 2 Dimensional Smartfind Size/Conductivity and Ferrous characteristics
• Audio Tone Identification: Constant to Multi-tone; customizable Conductivity/Ferrous
• Audio Tone Settings: 3 Settings: Long, Smooth, Pitch Hold
• Discrimination: 2 Dimensional Smartfind Discrimination
• Iron Mask: Simplified Iron Mask coordinates 0-31 with full ferrous discrimination capability
• Depth Indicator: Yes; now also updates in pinpoint mode
• Sensitivity Adjustment: 2 Settings: Semi-Automatic & Manual 1-32
• Noise Cancel: Automatic & Manual
• Pinpoint: Non-motion modulated audio for improved target size and depth identification
• Low Battery Audio Alarm: Yes
• Batteries: 1600 mAh NiMH or Alkaline batteries
• Coil: Lightweight 10.5" Double D (DD) waterproof coil
• Visual Display: 64x128 pixel LCD panel with improved graphics
• Headphone Input: 0.25 inch Stereo Jack
• Threshold: Finer adjust level; improved stability in high-trash
• Recovery Speed: Selectable (Fast & Deep)
• Optional Accessories:
Coils: 8" FBS Coil with Lower Shaft
Battery: 1800mA/H NiMH Battery Pack; 'AA' Housing Battery Pack
Charger: 12V Car Charger
Minelab 2nd Edition Pro.Andy White in lancs.U.K. -
Having been a detecorist for many years, and have had lot of different machines, I now use my SE Pro with the greatest of confidence. Yes, there's quite a learning curve involved to master the Pro, but, generally speaking, it does its job easily. I am not going to make any great claims as to what I have found, needless to say that if you are in the right place, at the right time, then this is the right detector! Good luck!
Jan 04, 2012
5 people found Andy White's review helpful.
Great Metal Detector.Jesse Depew in Cape Canaveral Fl USA -
This detector takes a little practice to get used to the sounds but you can find an emulator online for it. After having this for 4 months and only getting in about 24 hours per month, I have cleaned out a 2-mile stretch of beach from my house. I am finding dimes and pennies 15 to 19 inches down in wet or dry sand. Living near Kennedy space center I find rocket parts down to 2.5 feet. The only thing I don't like is the headphones. With a pair of Greyghost headphones, I can tell how deep the object is buried without looking at the display. I would recommend Minelab detectors to anyone wanting to upgrade from a starter detector to a serious machine. Just be ready to dig deep.
Dec 07, 2011
8 people found Jesse Depew's review helpful.